Safety 2024 – the 15th World Conference on Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion
The 15th World Conference on Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion (Safety 2024) will be held between 2nd - 4th September 2024 at the Taj Palace in New Delhi, India.
Safety 2024 global event will focus worldwide attention on safety and injury prevention. This will gather international experts in the field with a united goal of “Building a safer future for all: Equitable and sustainable strategies for injury and violence prevention”.
The conference hopes to:
- Have a lecture/scholarship in the name of Dinesh Mohan.
- Encourage youth participation through inclusion and involvement.
- Focus on the need for civil society engagement and involvement.
- Encourage equity by ensuring balanced gender, country, seniority, etc profiles in all committees.
- Build capacity in the region.
- Facilitate policy action for injury and violence prevention in India.
- Raise the profile of The George Institute India as a world-renowned research institute and foster strong collaborations between WHO Collaborating Centres in India, the region, developing a network for injury prevention and safety promotion.
The conference is hosted by The George Institute for Global Health in collaboration with three other WHO Collaborating Centres in the region, viz Transportation Research and Injury Prevention Center at the Indian Institute of Technology (TRIP), IIT Delhi, Department of Emergency Medicine, All India Institute for Medical Sciences (AIIMS), and the Department of Epidemiology, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS).
The conference is co-sponsored by the World Health Organization.