Maximising research impact: how can funding bodies incentivise high impact research to drive real change?
A major forum hosted by The George Institute for Global Health that gathered key health sector thinkers, leaders and change makers from around the world to address maximising the impact of research on policy and practise for greater change.
Panel members included:
- Professor Bruce Robinson: Chair of the NHMRC Council
- Dr Rifat Atun: Director of Global Health Systems Cluster at Harvard School of Public Health
- Professor Martin McKee: Professor of European Public Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Dr Michael M. Engelgau: Deputy Director of the Center for Translation Research and Implementation Science at the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute at the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Ms Sujatha Rao: Former Secretary of Health, Government of India
- Professor Meng Qingyue: Professor in Health Economics, Peking University; Director, Key Lab for Health Economics and Policy Studies, China’s Ministry of Health
- Professor Barbara McPake: Director, Nossal Institute for Global Health
- Professor Stephen Jan: Head of Health Economics Program and Senior Health Economist at The George Institute for Global Health
- Mr Mark Booth: First Assistant Secretary, Health Systems Policy Division, Strategic Policy and Innovation Group, Department of Health