Systems Administrator / SOC Analyst
- Full Time (1 FTE) opportunity
- Hybrid working arrangements available, with a combination of office and virtual work
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit 'what we do' to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Administrator / SOC Analyst to join our growing team.
This is a hands-on, technical specialist role, split across: 1) servicing business as usual requirements for level 3 technical expertise, 2) monitoring, investigating and responding to security events raised by our various monitoring and management tools, and 3) delivering projects contributing towards achieving ISO 27001 compliance and certification.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Service Delivery
- Utilize Level 3 technical expertise to ensure effective IT operations and to address complex technical issues in a timely manner
- Ensure operations comply with documented processes, procedures, standards, and policies at all times. Drive continuous improvements
- Security Operations
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our key systems
- Monitor security instrumentation, analyze suspicious events, and ensure appropriate action is taken, including escalating issues to the SIRT in accordance with documented procedures
- Drive towards ISO 27001 compliance and certification
- Maintain and improve processes, technical procedures, documentation, and solution architectures
- Perform regular disaster recovery, high availability, security, and other tests as required
- Ensure records, logs and other documentation are always up to date and audit ready
- Project Delivery
- Deploy new technologies and capabilities, as directed by the Director Global IT.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- The ability to make a strong, hands-on, expert technical contribution is essential. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the necessary depth of skills and at least 6 years’ experience in an enterprise context supporting 1000+ users
- In depth technical expertise in current Microsoft technologies, including W10 Enterprise, Windows Server, Hyper-V clusters, MECM, SCOM, SQL, IIS, AD, Powershell, M365 and Azure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments
- Degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience working in an ISO 27001 certified organisation
- Microsoft and/or Fortinet certifications.
This is a great opportunity for you to work within a small team of technical specialists, and become a member of TGI’s Security Incident Response Team (SIRT).
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
The closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 29th May 2022. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.