Senior Clinical Trial Coordinator
- Part or Full time, fixed term for 12 months - 3 to 5 days
- Renal and Metabolic
- Concord location
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Clinical Trial Coordinator to join the Renal and Metabolic Division to conduct clinical trial activities at site level for a variety of trials. Such activities will include site initiation, conduct and closeout, patient recruitment, trial monitoring, local data management and other trial protocol-related activities.
Based at Concord Repatriation General Hospital this position will work alongside hospital research and clinical employees along with the research team based at The George Institute in Newtown. The role may also involve travel to General Practices and/or local hospitals or community health settings in the Sydney metropolitan area.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing the originator of the project in the development of project specific documents
- Reviewing new studies, conduct feasibility assessment and be part of the team to decide whether new studies are taken on by the Concord Hospital site
- Ensuring that all research is adherent to clinical trial protocols and NHMRC ethical guidelines
- Identifying and screen potential study participants
- Conducting study recruitment procedures, including collecting study data which may comprise of clinical measurements
- Maintaining screening logs, other study logs and participant patient files
- Remote and on-site monitoring of study progress
- Assisting site personnel in the local management of the study
- Contributing to project specific milestones
- Assisting in liaising with monitors of clinical trials
- Assisting in educating of employees and participants.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related science or health care discipline
- Demonstrated clinical research experience (particularly randomised controlled trials)
- Knowledge of the International Conference on Harmonisation Good Clinical Practice guidelines (ICH/GCP) and ethical and regulatory requirements
- Proven ability to work independently in identifying eligible patients as per protocol, by screening medical records
- Ability to perform anthropometric measurements
- Strong focus on quality of work and maintenance of excellent records
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; people who identify as LGBTI; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
As the position will be based in a NSW Public Hospital the successful candidate will be required to undergo an Australian National Criminal Record Check and provide proof and/or obtain required vaccinations prior to commencing employment.
To apply, click on the following link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3645758/title/Senior-Clinical-Trial-Coordinator
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 06/08/2017