- Full or Part time, fixed term for 12 months (4 or 5 days)
- Cardiovascular Division
- Western Sydney location
An opportunity exists for a Research Assistant to join the Cardiovascular Division to contribute to a pragmatic randomised clinical trial. The SupportMe study aims to extend and translate a text messaging intervention program into a service model for a broader patient population with cardiovascular diseases and diabetes embedded into the day-to-day practice of managing chronic disease in Western Sydney.
The successful candidate will assist in recruiting, interviewing and collecting data from participants to the SupportMe study, and conduct follow up from Westmead / Blacktown hospitals and Western Sydney community (GP referrals).
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Explain the study to potential participants and obtain written informed consent
- Interview potential study participants
- Organise and conduct participant follow up to collect data
- Conduct some basic clinical examination of patients (blood pressure and anthropometric measurements)
- Data entry and accurate record keeping
- Attain target recruitment and project specific milestones
- Maintain and build relationships with hospital and George Institute employees, study stakeholders, and health care providers.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related science or health care discipline
- At least 2 years clinical research experience (particularly randomised controlled trials)
- Demonstrated understanding of confidentiality and privacy laws relevant to medical research
- Ability to take anthropometric measurements
- Ability to identify, and report potential adverse effects during the study
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for face to face contact with patients/study participants
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in use of the Microsoft office suite of products
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3354551/title/Research-Assistant
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 05/03/2017