- Full time, fixed term for 6 months
- Cardiovascular Division
- Westmead location
We are currently seeking a self-motivated Research Assistant to work on the MedApp-CHD study, which is investigating the use of mobile phone apps to improve medication adherence in patients with coronary heart disease.
The successful candidate will work closely with the cardiovascular research team based both at The George Institute in Camperdown and onsite at Westmead Hospital.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Contacting potentially eligible patients identified and provide information regarding the participation in the study
- Collecting informed consent and data from all eligible patients
- Collecting clinical data such as automated blood pressure and weight measurements, and completion of patient adherence questionnaire
- Book and conduct follow-up assessments
- Ensure CRFs are complete and enter data into study database in timely manner
- Ensure serious adverse events are appropriately documented and reported
- Maintain the investigator site file
- Deliver project specific milestones.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related science or health care discipline
- At least 2 years Clinical research experience (particularly randomised controlled trials)
- Knowledge of the International Conference on Harmonisation Good Clinical Practice guidelines(ICH/GCP) and ethical and regulatory requirements
- Ability to perform anthropometric measurements including accurate weight, height and blood pressure
- Ability to work independently in identifying eligible patients as per protocol, by screening medical records
- Strong focus on quality of work and maintenance of excellent records
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel.
As the position will be working in a NSW Public Hospital the successful candidate will be required to undergo an Australian National Criminal Record Check and provide proof and/or obtain required vaccinations prior to commencing employment.
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link:
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 18/12/2016