The Renal & Metabolic Division is seeking an energetic and motivated part time Project Assistant to support our Project Managers, study teams and divisional staff with various tasks associated with running a large-scale clinical trial and other clinical research projects within the division.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of research grant applications, study documentation, study forms and the development of administrative systems and processes
- Assisting in the distribution of study documents to investigators, site staff and the International Coordinating Centre
- Tracking study progress including patient screening and recruitment, protocol deviations and data management
- Responsible for the maintenance and filing of study administrative files
- Assisting in pharmacovigilance activities
- Assisting Investigational Product and trial supplies management
- Coordinating the receipt, tracking, labelling and reporting of study blood samples for central analysis
- Tracking and processing invoices and authorised clinical trial payments
- Organising and scheduling internal and external meetings
- Provide other administrative support to study team and division.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in a health or science discipline
- Relevant experience in a clinical research environment
- An understanding of medical terminology
- Basic knowledge of clinical trial processes and ICH/GCP guidelines desirable
- Strong general administration skills and experience
- Proven proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly
- Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
This is a part time one year fixed term opportunity for 0.6 to 0.8 FTE or 3 to 4 days per week.
The George Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
For further information and to apply please follow this link:
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 17/07/2016