Personal Assistant (Maternity Leave Cover)
• Full time, fixed term for 12 months (Maternity Leave Cover)
Established in 1999, The George Institute for Global Health is a global, not-for-profit medical research organisation, affiliated with leading academic partners, with major centres in Australia, China, India and the United Kingdom. We have been ranked among the top 10 research institutes in the world for scientific impact. Our mission is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide.
We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic Personal Assistant to support the Chief Operating Officer and Legal Counsel within the Principal Directors office. The Personal Assistant role sits within the Global Principal Directors Office (PDO). The PDO is the global executive office of the Institute and has direct and daily contact with senior management, staff and Board members, as well as, external stakeholders including: heads of governing bodies and executives in the health, medical, research and academic fields.
The Personal Assistant’s primary responsibility is providing day to day, efficient administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer and the Legal Counsel. During busy times and periods of leave, the Personal Assistant will also assist the Executive Assistant, Principal Directors.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
• Minimum Certificate III in Business Administration Skills
• Solid general administration skills with current/recent experience in a similar role
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Sharepoint and Outlook
• Demonstrated ability to work with business and commercially sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively in different interpersonal environments i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments
• Ability to evaluate and recommend changes to existing processes and procedures for greater effect
• Well developed written and verbal communication skills with the demonstration os methodical approach with strong attention to detail
• Well developed interpersonal skills and ‘can do’ attitude with the demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Previous exposure to a health, medical or research environment/ knowledge of research/ medical terminology is desirable but not essential
More detailed information on the requirements of the position can be found at the link below.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; people who identify as LGBTI; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this job go to http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au and enter ref code 3434603. Applications close on 12 April 2017.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 12/04/2017