- Part or Full Time (0.8 - 1 FTE) opportunity,
- Fixed term contract until September 2022
- Hybrid working arrangements available, with a combination of office and virtual work
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit 'what we do' to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Coordinator to join our team.
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator is an integral part of the HR team, providing day-to-day administrative support for the HR function within the George Institute, Australia.
The HR Coordinator will also actively participate in HR projects to improve process and efficiency, as well as support various initiatives.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with the HR team to introduce new processes and initiatives to improve effectiveness
- Manage operational aspects of recruitment process in GI Australia
- Work together with HR/Payroll Administrator to ensure all day-to-day HR administration (such as contracts, letters, and system updates) are completed
- Refresh and update the HR pages on the staff intranet site
- Reporting of incidents and injuries to insurers within required timeframe and support return to work
- Support learning and development administration and coordination, including setting up of various learning events according to the learning calendar
- Support the team in the implementation of various HR events, projects, and initiatives
- Provide administrative support to the HR team as needed.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a HR or related degree
- Proven experience in HR administration or coordination
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise demands
- Strong focus on quality of work
- Action oriented with good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent customer service orientation, and the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrates a can-do approach and takes initiative.
- Experience in recruitment
- Experience in working with HR Information Systems or Microsoft Office Apps.
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
The closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 15th May 2022 . We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.