EMD Company Administrator
- A part-time, 3 years fixed term position with flexible working arrangements
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute for Global Health
The George Institute (‘TGI’) employs 600+ people, focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, TGI is challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide. TGI’s innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
The George Health Enterprises
George Health Enterprises (‘GHE’) is TGI’s commercial arm and a healthcare company with a unique vision - an innovative business with global impact that develops effective, affordable treatments and technologies that better treat and manage serious, chronic medical conditions. GHE works in established countries such as Australia, Europe, and the US and emerging markets such as India and China, focused solely on the most common chronic conditions.
GHE has exclusive commercial rights to all intellectual property of TGI, as well as exclusive access to expertise and support from the Institute. TGI’s focus on late stage clinical research for chronic disease means that medicines and technologies are proven before GHE commercialises, resulting in a much higher probability of success rate than is usual in the industry.
An experienced management team leads GHE with a long industry track record in drug development and commercialisation, biotechnology, healthcare delivery and venture capital investment in established and emerging markets. Coupled with the global scientific leadership of TGI, GHE’s business has potential for real social and economic impact.
Context of the Role
Ellen Medical Devices (‘EMD’) is an initiative of the TGI and is part of the GHE. EMD creates medical technology for use within the healthcare sector. The first product EMD will bring to market is an affordable dialysis system for use in developing countries.
The EMD Company Administrator is a newly created administrative role for EMD that manages all the administrative aspects of the company and also provides full administrative support to EMD senior staff. The EMD Company Administrator will run the company office and make sure that the extensive documentation required for a medical devices company is managed in an orderly and systematic process. The EMD Company Administrator will also help manage relationships with EMD Consultants and Contractors.
The EMD Company Administrator reports directly to the CEO of EMD.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Arrange and attend business meetings, create their agendas and keep their minutes;
- Prepare the Agenda and Board Papers for meetings of the EMD Board, attend the Board meeting and take its minutes.
- Keep the company’s business and technical files in order;
- Liaise with TGI Finance and Legal teams to make sure EMD finances are in order and the EMD is meeting its statutory obligations as a company;
- Liaise with the TGI Communications team to make sure that the messages of EMD are conveyed to the public, supporters and stakeholders using newsletters, our on-line presence and social media
- Manage the relationship with EMD consultants and contractors;
- Manage the office space and facilities of EMD
- Book travel for EMD managers, employees and consultants; and
- Any other administrative duties as required.
As a Team Member:
- Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organisation;
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and for setting achievable and meaningful work objectives and managing personal targets, meeting obligations of The Institute’s Performance Management and Development Policy;
- Demonstrate commitment to The Institute’s organisational values, including performing to an exceptionally high ethical standard and focus on integrity, collaboration and teamwork in all efforts.
Work, Health and Safety
- Comply with Work Health and Safety legislation and operate in accordance with established Occupational Health and Safety practice and procedures at the EMD;
- Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in a similar role preferably in a health or engineering environment in a small office.
- A self-starter who understands business needs quickly and make things happen.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking.
- A basic understanding of the language and concepts of medicine and of engineering is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a focus on building business relationships.
- Ability to work autonomously, in a small team and with a wide range of varying stakeholders.
- Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail, and distinguish between important and urgent.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including competitive salary and sound learning opportunities. Your performance will be measured by results.
The EMD Company Administrator will be expected to be in the office two or three days a week and available for key meetings in person or by phone. Work from home will be acceptable upon approval. The job would suit someone with family responsibilities who is disciplined and a good time manager. We will be reviewing applications as we receive them however due to the volume of the applications, please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.