Digital Operations Manager
Do you want to make an impact on global health outcomes?
The George Institute (TGI) employs 700+ people, focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide. Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
There is an increasing global focus on digital health solutions – driven by the convergence of health, data and technology. The potential to collect and utilise data to inform research and decision making is unprecedented as is the opportunity to disseminate high value, high utility information to end users via digital tools. TGI is already active in this space with two major digital based research and commercial initiatives - FoodSwitch and SMARThealth as well as a growing number of research projects with digital elements.
We wish to build on our current digital capability to establish a digital operations team that can direct and service projects across TGI.
A unique opportunity exists for an experienced and highly motivated Digital Operations Manager to help us transform our award winning FoodSwitch and SMARThealth programmes into global, high impact social enterprises, as well as support a portfolio of world leading research projects.
To achieve this you will:
- Establish a digital operations infrastructure - best practice process and systems to deliver technical projects and manage digital assets
- Work across internal teams of nutrition data specialists, researchers and developers, and external clients and service providers
- Define and manage the end to end delivery of internal digital / technical projects to time and to budget
- Working closely with a Technical lead to deliver projects through internal DevOps
- Directly manage two junior Digital Producers, ensuring they are clearly briefed on their objectives and supported to deliver these.
Your success will be based on a range of your key skills and experience:
- 8+ years’ experience working in delivery / product development within the digital / technical space, managing several projects concurrently
- Proven track record of delivering technical projects such as native and web apps, big data portals, APIs or database solutions (this is not a digital marketing role)
- Ability to take ownership of projects, prioritise, and allocating resources
- Excellent understanding of IA, UX (wireframe/user flows) and UI best practices
- Experience working with JIRA and Confluence in an Agile environment
- Outstanding technical communication and leadership skills; able to communicate equally well with development team and clients
- Demonstrable passion for keeping up-to-date with the latest digital trends and technologies
- Prior experience scaling teams and applications.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture, with excellent staff benefits including, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
We’re looking for a pro-active individual with a passion for making things happen and to help us define our future.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Type of career: Jobs
City: Newtown, Sydney
Application close date: 23/09/2019