- Fantastic opportunity for a Database Administrator to help us transform our award winning FoodSwitch programme into a global, commercial success to generate ‘profit for purpose’ and scale it across 50 countries in 5 years
- Work in our new offices in Newtown within, a flexible work environment
The George is 600+ people globally focused on improving the health of millions of people. A medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide
We have a Health-Technology innovation known as FoodSwitch that helps consumers make healthy food choices in the supermarket and the data platform helps government and the food industry improve the nutrition of the foods we buy.
- In 2013 it was recognized as one of the world’s top 100 innovations, selected from entries spanning more than 79 countries.
- FoodSwitch now operates in 7 countries with an ambition for many more.
The Database Administrator will be required to manage the FoodSwitch databases, analysing, designing, developing and maintaining data to support programme activities. Additionally, the Database Administrator will help support its use in the Content Management Systems and Consumer Apps.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 to 5 years proven expertise working with databases
- Strong computer and data skills, including the ability to work with Excel Formulas / functions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with the capability to produce outcomes and achieve objectives within agreed time periods;
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate in small teams
- A passion for producing the highest quality of work and on ensuring optimum accuracy of outputs;
- A well organised and efficient approach to their work, with exceptional attention to detail.
It may also be advantageous for the candidate to possess the following, though strong proven data skills may be sufficient:
- Experience or background knowledge in food and nutrition
- Familiar with local, regional and national food products and restaurant chains in Australia
We are a small nimble team. We’re looking for a pro-active individual with a passion for making things happen. If you think you can help us deliver our mission then let us know!
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, flexible work arrangements, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; people who identify as LGBTI; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please find further information and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3857672/title/Database-Administrator