Business Administration Trainee
Business Adminisrtation Trainee - Full Time - 12 months
The George’ is 600+ people globally focused on improving the health of millions of people. A medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Business Administration Trainee which will support the Executive Assistant of the EDO office whilst also supporting the wider administrative functions across the Institute. As the successful Business Trainee you will complete a Certificate III in Business Administration over a 1 Year Duration, whilst gaining valuable information and industry experience in a supportive Environment.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Undertake designated administrative duties including organising couriers, making travel arrangements, organising functions, data entry and assisting the wider Institute’s administration teams with office admin duties
• General administration duties, e.g. document preparation, photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
• Assist the Executive Assistant and the wider Institute Administration team with arranging appointments, meeting schedules, booking travel arrangements including the collection and organisation of relevant travel documents, organising functions and catering
• Assist with processing purchase orders and invoices and expense reimbursements for the Executive Director and other Programs across the Institute
• Meeting and greeting visitors to the Executive Director’s office and the Institute
• Setting rooms, telecommunication and video conferencing for Meetings and Seminars
• Assist with the coverage of The George Institute reception and switchboard at either location
• Assist with data entry into the NHMRC database
• Assisting with the filing and processing of research documents
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
• Excellent skills in MS Office applications including Excel and Word
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong focus on quality of work
• Understand the need and for and demonstrate strict adherence to confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range varying stakeholders
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments
• Reliability and demonstrated values aligned to the George Institute
This role provides a fantastic introduction to the Administration environment and will undertake a range of functions to make sure the administration activities within the Organisation run smoothly and effectively. It is the ideal starter role for anyone interested in working within Administration so if that is you and you have the skills required apply now! The successful candidate will not be employed directly by The George Institute and will instead be employed directly by WPC Group with salary payment and all other employment requirements being completed by them. You will also be provided with an experienced and dedicated WPC Group mentor who will be there to support and guide you throughout the duration of your traineeship.
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3696908/title…
The George Institute and WPC Group is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; people who identify as LGBTI; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 31/08/2017