- Full Time (1 FTE) opportunity
- 12 month, fixed term contract (with the possibility of extension)
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit 'what we do' to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our growing Research and Professional Support Services team, providing administration support to various teams / programs at The George Institute.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Day to day administrative duties as required: handling incoming and outgoing mail, answering phone calls, taking messages, meet and greet clients, order business cards, send and receive emails, printing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, collating, binding, and filing of reports and documents, housekeeping duties
- Organise meetings (both online and face to face) including agenda minute-taking, room set-up, catering and tidying up
- Maintain and update Program Heads curriculum vitae, list of publications and other academic contributions on program and grant management system (e.g Sapphire)
- Navigate/maintain information in various research and database systems (e.g ROS, Endnote, SPoT)
- Collation of grant application information as directed by the Program Head and data entry/upload
- Implement appropriate filing and other organisation procedures to facilitate highly organised and smoothly functioning teams
- Accurate word processing, general data entry, maintaining and updating records
- Assist with processing purchase orders and invoices and expense reimbursements
- Assist with the preparation of presentations, graphs, charts and reports, proof, and check for errors
- Arrange travel and accommodation booking as required by the client supported
- Organise internal and external events – catering, booking venue and related tasks
- Updating and managing SharePoint information
- Maintain and monitor supply (eg. office equipment, stationary) within their respective team/program
- Regular relief on reception at our King Street office.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant qualifications in business or administration and/or related experience in administration
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MSTeams and SharePoint
- Ability to learn new systems/technology applications quickly
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated organisation and planning skills
- Strong focus on quality of work
- Demonstrated ability to work with business and commercially sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range varying stakeholders
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
- SalesForce or other CRM experience
- Advanced Zoom
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
The closing date for applications is midnight, 7th October 2022. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.