We are looking to work together with consumers and community members in a variety of ways. We have identified key roles and are open to hearing further suggestions.
Consumer and Community Network
The George Institute for Global Health is committed to connecting with people from the wider community who share an interest our collective work. Although we have been working together with community members for some time now and in various ways, we would like to expand opportunities for further consumer and community involvement.
The 'Consumer and Community Network' includes new opportunities and will expand on existing roles that enable the broader community to get involved in the research areas that we cover.
What you can expect to get out of your involvement
- Further your knowledge about new and emerging treatments and therapies and health research in general;
- Receive training that is relevant to your role and interests;
- Gain research skills relevant to your role, e.g. reviewing research documents, interpreting data, communicating research results to the wider community;
- Gain new skills that can be applied outside of the health research setting, e.g. problem solving, communication, project management;
- Be a part of a supportive network consisting of Institute staff and other consumer and community members.
Consumer and community roles
Consumer and Community involvement in health research
You could be involved at any stage of the research cycle. The level of involvement will vary depending on the type of research being undertaken and possibly the role you are interested in.
Explore our research priority areas
We are leading world-class clinical trials to transform treatments for chronic and critical conditions; working with partners, governments, and communities to address local priorities; and developing low-cost, innovative solutions that can be integrated in health systems globally.
Consumer and community network register
If you are interested in becoming involved (or further involved) in The George Institute’s research, please sign up to the Consumer and Community Network Register so we can engage with you in a way that matches your needs and interests.
To register your interest, please complete the online form. Your information will be kept securely on file and will allow us to:
- Learn about how you would like to be involved in health research at The George Institute, and;
- Contact you about any relevant opportunities.