• Fixed term until June 2017 – Part-time (0.4 FTE)
• Global Communications and Advocacy Division
Established in 1999, The George Institute for Global Health is a global, not-for-profit medical research organisation, affiliated with leading academic partners, with major centres in Australia, China, India and the United Kingdom. We have been ranked among the top 10 research institutes in the world for scientific impact. Our mission is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide.
We are looking for an enthusiastic writer who will work across the organisation including working with our offices overseas. Working with subject matter experts, researchers and communications colleagues, the writer will help craft and edit a variety of documents and reports including white papers and roundtable papers so as to maximize our outreach, advocacy and impact.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Drafting and preparing of TGI Australia roundtable reports and white papers;
• Drafting and editing clear communication materials around specific research outcomes and announcements
• Specific support to TGI China and TGI India initiatives
• Crafting impactful website narratives
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
• A minimum of a master’s degree in marketing, communications or a related advocacy field is required
• Experience in developing and writing white papers and roundtable reports
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills that persuasively and vividly showcase topics
• Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build strong and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and manage projects independently, prioritizing and managing workflow
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
Please note that this is a part-time opportunity for 0.4FTE or 2 days per weeks.
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them but please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; people who identify as LGBTI; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this job go to http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3308504/title…. Applications close on 12 February 2017.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 12/02/2017