Service Desk Analyst
- Full Time (1 FTE) opportunity
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit 'what we do' to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to join our growing organisation.
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing 1st and 2nd level IT support and administration to Institute staff, both onsite and remotely.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Provide 1st and 2nd level IT support to staff, in alignment with all IT policies, standard operating procedures, work instructions and ITIL principles
- Monitor assigned Service Desk ticket queues, take timely action to address requests and escalate where required to maintain adherence to SLAs
- Own the customer relationship for assigned tickets, ensuring timely, clear, professional communications and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Maintain clear and accurate ticket notes, asset records and other documentation
- Other accountabilities as agreed with Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 3 or more years experience in the Information Technology Industry
- Experience in Windows desktop administration, including Windows 10 and Microsoft Office
- Good PC and laptop hardware skills, basic networking skills and knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent customer service and support skills
- Excellent training and documentation skills, and experience
- Excellent organisation, time management, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to handle ambiguous conditions and changing priorities.
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Sciences or a related field
- Experience supporting audio visual technologies for events and collaboration facilities
- ITIL and/or Microsoft Certification.
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
The closing date for applications is 22nd August 2021. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.