Senior Research Fellow
The George' recently initiated a Global Women’s Health Program (GWHP) and a unique opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and committed Senior Research Fellow to play a lead role in our sex differences work focusing on cardiovascular and renal disease. This would involve original research arising from the NHMRC grant, undertaking systematic reviews and contributing to the authorship of papers anticipated from new analysis arising from the linked health data.
The Senior Research Fellow will also take a coordination role in keeping up to date of sex differences work across The George’ and in a proactive way look for opportunities to do sex-disaggregated research within the many databases that it holds. The remit of this role is not restricted to Australia, however is worldwide, most especially including China and India.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide a consistent level of contribution to the research activities of the division and the GWHP
- Develop new study proposals
- Take the lead and assist with manuscript preparation
- Recruit and supervise staff for the division, as required
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications
- Maintain existing collaborations and establish others
- Ensure that the research being conducted is congruent with world best practice
- Actively develop and promote the desired culture of The George Institute.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Research MD or PhD in a relevant health related discipline
- Knowledge of quantitative aspects of epidemiology
- Demonstrated strong track record in the health or academic sector
- Experience in writing research papers and/or grant applications
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly in small teams and with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in the development and coordination of health research projects is desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Please find further information and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3927446/title/Senior-Research-Fellow
Type of career: Jobs
City: Newtown and Camperdown
Application close date: 29/01/2018