Senior Media Advisor
Are you a proactive Senior Media Advisor? Do you want to work for a world leading Health Research Institute? Do you want to work with some of the top researchers in their fields and help get deliver their message and research outcomes? Are you interested in doing PR beyond Australia, and throughout Asia and the UK/US? Then this is the role for you!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Media Advisor who can provide proactive management of media campaigns from end to end, including sourcing news stories, writing and distributing media releases, targeting and pitching to media and roll out of media campaigns.
You will predominately focus your time on Australia media relations and communications with the opportunity to lead or support some global media and communications.
We are looking for people who have tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism, public relations, media studies or related discipline; have extensive experience in media relation and experience in managing integrated media and/or public relations campaigns along with a sound understanding of social media and digital communications trends and strategies.
Skills and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism, public relations, media studies or related discipline
- Extensive experience in media relations as demonstrated in previous roles
- Experience in managing integrated media and/or public relations campaigns and a sound understanding of social media and digital communications trends and strategies
- Sound knowledge of media operations with contacts across print, radio, television and online; experience in liaising with and pitching to the media and a proven ability to obtain coverage
- High level oral and written communication, interpersonal, negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently, prioritising and managing workflow
- Experience using online media databases
- Experience in media and public relations in the health, medical, government or related sectors is highly desirable
This is a full time role. We are currently based in Sydney CBD close to public transport hubs. You will be joining a growing, global organisation. Our research is different and this is your opportunity to make an impact.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so apply now!
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 29/11/2015