- Fixed term contract (1 year)
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
- Newtown location
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
We have a new opportunity for a Receptionist/Administration Assistant to join our Executive Directors office team.
This role is based at The George Institute’s main office in Newtown, Sydney and successful candidate will have overall accountability for providing general reception and office administration support to George Institute staff. This is a highly customer service oriented position, with a combination of reception duties, administration and office management responsibilities, including answering and directing general telephone inquiries, mail, distributing faxes, building maintenance, stationary and assisting of regular seminar meetings.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for handling all incoming calls, taking incoming messages and dealing with some telephone inquiries
- Receiving visitors to the organisation, making sure they sign in and directing them accordingly
- Booking and maintaining meeting/training rooms
- Booking taxis for visitors and staff
- Booking and attending to courier deliveries and pick-ups
- Responsible for maintaining a neat, organized and presentable reception area
- Managing all aspects of mail including: collecting, sorting and stamping incoming mail; franking and posting outgoing mail
- Collecting and distributing faxes from fax machines
- Maintain and coordinate archiving process, storage and documentation, including liaison with off-site document storage facility
- Attending to building maintenance issues, specifically coordinating response to repairs
- Day-to-day maintenance of office equipment (phones, photocopiers, printers, toners etc.)
- Ordering and maintaining stationery stock, as well as sourcing competitive prices
- Ensure that stationery area and kitchen area (in liaison with Kitchen Attendant) are clean and tidy
- Maintain kitchen supplies and arrange maintenance and repairs of kitchen appliances
- Coordination of monthly social events
- Maintain and monitor all other relevant logbooks and documentation: access card, couriers, express post, policies and procedures etc.
- Managing access/ID cards eg activating/deactivating for after hours access, etc.
- Coordinating, requirements for functions, including sourcing and booking venues, invitations, catering, audio visual equipment, video conferencing, presentations
- Liaise with the Kitchen Attendant and his/her supervisor as required
- Maintain and update databases & Admin SharePoint page
- Word processing and data entry activities
- Update staff birthday list and advise relevant staff members as well as organising cakes, gift vouchers and cards for farewells and other special occasions as required
- Some finance duties, including raising of purchase orders, making some credit card purchases, and reconciling credit card statements monthly
- Assist the Office Administration Manager with adhoc administrative and office management tasks as and when required
- Assist in the organisation of relevant events, including catering arrangements and other pertinent responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Certificate in office administration and/or sound experience managing a busy reception area
- Experience and/or ability to work in a highly professional environment
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Ability to communicate well to and work well with all levels of employees and management
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong focus on attention to detail and quality of work
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
Please copy and paste the link below to apply now!
The closing date for applications is midnight Wednesday 30th November 2022. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.