Receptionist (Maternity Leave Cover)
• Full time, fixed term for 12 months
Established in 1999, The George Institute for Global Health is a global, not-for-profit medical research organisation, affiliated with leading academic partners, with major centres in Australia, China, India and the United Kingdom. We have been ranked among the top 10 research institutes in the world for scientific impact (by the SCImago Institutions Rankings in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014). Our mission is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide
We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic Receptionist to support us during an exciting time at the George Institute. You will be working within our Administration team in our newly built offices in Newtown.
This is a maternity leave cover position for an initial 12 month period at the main offices of the Institute predominately based in Newtown, Sydney with occasional cover required at the George Institute offices based at the King George V Building at RPA. This is a highly customer service oriented position, the Receptionist has overall accountability for providing general reception and office administration support to George Institute staff. The position has a mix of reception, administration and office management duties, including answering and directing general telephone inquiries, mail, distributing faxes, building maintenance, stationary and assisting of regular seminar meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
• Certificate in office administration and/or reception with 1-3 years relevant experience
• Experience in a customer service environment
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to learn new software applications quickly
• Ability to communicate well to and work well with all levels of employees and management
• Ability to evaluate and recommend changes to existing processes and procedures for greater effect
• Strong general administration skills
• Good time management and organisation skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong focus on attention to detail and quality of work
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them but please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; people who identify as LGBTI; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
For TGI Website:
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link: https://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3138164/titl…-
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 11/11/2016