Project Officer - Recruitment and Data
The Cardiovascular Division is seeking a self-motivated Project Officer - Recruitment and Data with a positive attitude to assist in recruiting, interviewing and collecting data from participants for our CONNECT study.
The CONNECT study is a single-blinded randomised controlled study that will assess whether a consumer-focused e-health strategy provided to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and non-Indigenous people at moderate to high risk of a cardiovascular disease (CVD) event will improve risk factor control when compared with usual health care; and the acceptability, equity and cost-effectiveness of such a strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting participant recruitment for the CONNECT study in collaboration with the Senior Project Officer and other study team personnel
- Explaining and Interviewing potential study participants in general practice (GP) and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS);
- Identifying relevant information within the GP medical records where required for Study conduct
- Installing and use the RecordConnect system at GP and ACCHS locations
- Organising and conducting participant follow-up to collect data
- Conducting some basic clinical examination of patients (blood pressure and anthropometric measurements)
- Maintaining and build relationships with staff in GP and ACCHS locations to facilitate participant recruitment and follow-up in line with the Study protocol
- Ensuring accurate and timely data entry and record keeping, including patient recruitment and trial documentation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related science or health care discipline
- Good understanding of medical terminology
- Interest in research and prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Willingness to learn new skills required for the CONNECT study
- Ability to work autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of clinical trial processes and ICH/GCP guidelines
- Strong focus on quality of work and maintenance of excellent records
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages and database management systems
- Experience working with General Practices and/or Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS) is desirable
- Current full drivers licence
- Ability and willingness to travel within NSW.
This is your opportunity to be part of a passionate and innovative team that is focused on making a difference. This is a full time position for a 7 month fix term contract. We offer a professional atmosphere, excellent staff benefits and competitive salary packaging options.
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/2657693/title/Project-Officer-Recruitment-and-Data
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 13/03/2016