Project Officer - CONNECT
• Full time, fixed term for 6 months
• Missenden Road, Camperdown, NSW
The George Institute is a global, health and clinical research organisation; we employ approximately 600 people worldwide, with projects operating in more than 50 countries. Our mission is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide.
The Project Officer-Recruitment and Data is required to assist in recruiting, interviewing and collecting data from participants to the CONNECT study. The CONNECT study is a single-blinded randomised controlled study that will assess whether a consumer-focused e-health strategy provided to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and non-Indigenous people at moderate to high risk of a cardiovascular disease (CVD) event will improve risk factor control when compared with usual health care; and the acceptability, equity and cost-effectiveness of such a strategy.
The position will involve some of the key responsibilities however this is not limited and the full responsibilities are available on the position description:
• Conducting participant recruitment for the CONNECT study in collaboration with the Senior Project Officer and other study team personnel including follow up data via face to face and telephone
• Explain the study to potential participants and obtain written informed consent
• Interview potential study participants in general practice (GP) and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS);
• Identify relevant information within the GP medical records where required for Study conduct
• Install and use the RecordConnect system at GP and ACCHS locations
• Organise and conduct participant follow-up to collect data; this will include telephone calls and face-to-face meetings with participants
• Conduct some basic clinical examination of patients (blood pressure and anthropometric measurements)
• Ensure accurate and timely data entry and record keeping, including patient recruitment and trial documentation, within the Redcap system and other repositories
• Provide administrative support as required for other research personnel within the team or division including organising meetings/appointments where necessary
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them but please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The George Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
For further information and to apply please follow this link http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/2874080/title…
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 03/07/2016