Project Manager, Respiratory
Are you a Project Manager who would like to work part time for a Global health and clinical research organisation?
The Project Manager will have primary responsibility for assisting with all aspects of the development, conduct and completion of major research projects within the Respiratory Group, within the Executive Director’s Office. Initially this will entail project management of an investigator-initiated large scale international randomised controlled trial including several thousand patients in China. The Project Manager may also take a lead role or a collaborative leadership role in other studies as they evolve. In addition, the successful candidate will participate in discussions, write proposals and evaluations and undertake work that facilitates and enhances the Respiratory groups’ capacity to attract further studies.
The key skills required for this role include:
- PhD or Masters in a relevant health related discipline, or equivalent experience with extensive experience in academic / university / medical research environment preferably within both Respiratory and Cardiovascular setting
- Project management skills and ability with a strong focus on independence and quality of work
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly ie autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
- Ability to plan and anticipate future needs, and troubleshoot current problems
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
This is an ongoing role, 2 days per week (0.4FTE)
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so apply now!
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 15/11/2015