- Full time, fixed term for 7 months (Maternity Leave contract)
- Cardiovascular Division
- Westmead location
An opportunity exists for a Project Manager to contribute to an exciting randomised clinical trial. The PROTECT-ICD Trial is an independent, investigator initiated, collaborative study between Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) with Westmead Hospital as the primary site, and the George Institute for Global Health.
The successful candidate will lead a small project team and provide clear guidance to those individuals on specific project deliverables. This position will be based at Westmead Hospital reporting to Principal Investigator with the Department of Cardiology.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Manage the implementation, ongoing evaluation, prioritisation, reporting and timely delivery of all operational aspects of allocated project
- Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with project specific documentation, ICH GCP and applicable regulatory requirements
- Coordinate the feasibility planning and selection process of project sites
- Organise site initiation visits
- Oversee the set-up of sites within relevant region in accordance with SOPs and protocol
- Maintain effective and professional relationships with investigators and vendors
- Ensure accurate and verifiable data for interim/final analyses.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor degree in a related science, health services research, or related discipline
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability and/or previous experience supervising project related tasks of other people
- Previous experience working on clinical projects within an academic, CRO or pharmaceutical environment
- Ability to implement project activities in accordance with, ICH/GCP and all applicable regulations and guidelines in the relevant regions
- Previous experience with HREC (Human Research and Ethics Committee) and SSA (Site Specific Assessment) application and approval processes
- Exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in use of the Microsoft office suite of products
- Experience in managing budgets
- Strong focus on quality of work
- Ability to travel.
As the position will be based or will be working in a NSW Public Hospital the successful candidate will be required to undergo an Australian National Criminal Record Check and provide proof and/or obtain required vaccinations prior to commencing employment.
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3407768/title/Project-Manager
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 02/04/2017