• Full time, Ongoing
• Legal Division
Are you Legal Counsel and looking for the next opportunity? Do you want to work in a small legal team of a global research Institute? Then this is the position for you.
Established in 1999, The George Institute for Global Health is a global, not-for-profit medical research organisation, affiliated with leading academic partners, with major centres in Australia, China, India and the United Kingdom. We have been ranked among the top 10 research institutes in the world for scientific impact (with or without – by the SCImago Institutions Rankings in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014). Our mission is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide.
To help us achieve this we are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to join our Global Legal team in an ongoing, fulltime position. The Legal Counsel will be accountable for the provision of legal services and advice to the organisation globally, with a focus on contract review / drafting.
Required skills, knowledge, and experience
• Tertiary qualification(s) in law and admitted to practise as a solicitor in NSW, holding a current practising certificate
• 4-8 years’ experience gained from a combination of private practice and in-house roles and demonstrated experience in general commercial law, privacy, IP, IT and employment law
• Extensive experience in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts, and general corporate matters; and skilled in matters relating to governance and risk management
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail, seeing the big picture and a strong focus on quality
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous external global environments
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously, in small teams, and with a wide range of varying stakeholders with a demonstrated ability to act with integrity in all matters
• Experience within a medical research institute and / or Not For Profit sector preferred but not essential
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them but please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no agencies at this stage.
For the full position description and to apply for this role go to https://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/.
Applications close on 20 November 2016.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; people who identify as LGBTI; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 20/11/2016