- 3 month paid Internship
- 2 - 3 days (0.4 - 0.6 FTE) per week
- Opportunity to gain experience in the HR industry
- Varied opportunity with exposure to multiple functions within HR
- Respected global research organisation
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit 'what we do' to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
We have a unique opportunity for a motivated student, currently completing or has recently completed their studies, to take part in our HR internship program.
The HR Intern will assist the HR team in the conduct, development and delivery of HR services, projects and initiatives. The HR Intern will be provided with opportunity to work with and gain exposure to multiple functions within HR, whilst developing HR administration experience.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Assist with various administrative tasks to support the HR team
- Assist with maintenance of HR systems
- Support the updating of HR pages on the intranet
- Support recruitment processes, including booking interviews and conducting reference checks
- Participate and contribute to key processes, and organisational projects
- Identify process improvement opportunities, and assist in the development of solutions to continuously improve data quality and service
- Actively engage in relevant meetings and sessions, to understand the business and sector.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Currently studying or has recently obtained a Human Resource degree (or relevant field)
- Understanding of HR administration processes, or experience advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated high level of attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong understanding of confidentiality and privacy principles
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
This is a great opportunity to develop your practical understanding of HR, and gain experience and exposure to various HR functions and activities.
The closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 12th December 2021. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.