Digital Engagement Officer
- Full time, 12 month fixed term contract
- Flexible work arrangements
- Collaborative environment
- Variety of work
- Make an impact on global health outcomes by working at Australia’s top ranked health research institute
The George Institute is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Engagement Officer to join our Global Communications Team. The successful candidate will work closely with our Australian Communications team but report directly to the global Digital Engagement Manager, based out of New Delhi, India.
The Digital Engagement Officer will have four main areas of focus:
- Editorial management of the Australia website
- Co-managing our global social media channels, and digital outreach and engagement
- Providing digital support to select research leads/teams
- Digital storytelling by writing engaging web stories and social media posts
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to work in a supportive environment, in an organisation with deep social impact and meaning.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day web publishing, content updates and website governance for The George Institute Australia website
- Work proactively with communications and research teams to write and/or optimise fresh and engaging web content, including researcher profiles, news stories, event write-ups, blogs, etc. to highlight the work and impact of The George Institute Australia
- Timely online monitoring and reporting to the communications team of relevant news and events on specific health keywords/topics across the web and social media, to capitalise on opportunities or manage issues as required
- Work proactively with communications and research teams in Australia to draft social media posts, seek relevant content approval and publish across Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Provide technical and digital support and expertise for external events such as event e-mailouts, create landing pages, social media promotion, managing events database, video support and live tweeting
- Plan and develop social media campaigns and toolkits around key health issues, events and programs
- Work with in-house graphic designers to develop infographics for social media, maintain and update catalogue of profile images of The Institute’s researchers
- Draft monthly newsletter copy using Mailchimp
- Manage and monitor google ads grants account to guide the target audience to Australia website through ad campaigns
- Metrics reporting using Google analytics, Google search console, Google ads, SEO keyword research, social media analytics etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- A Bachelors degree, preferably in digital media, communications or public relations
- 3-5 years experience demonstrating your skills and experience in digital media and communications
- Experience in writing content for digital media with the ability to write and optimise web copy in line with The Institute's web, editorial and SEO guidelines
- Prior work experience with content management systems such as Drupal or Wordpress with working knowledge of HTML, SEO, web design and UX concepts for best web practices
- Skilled in social media management with prior experience managing Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts for an organisation
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar tools for optimizing images for web and social media
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for reporting of data and information in a presentable format
- Experience working with MailChimp or similar email marketing tools, with skills to design emailers and e-newsletters
- Experience in managing and optimizing google ad campaigns or an interest in learning this
- A health/science background, prior experience working in the medical research and public health sectors or education sector would be a bonus
- An understanding of graphic design concepts and principles and how they relate to social media requirements would be well regarded
- Experience in video editing and working with storyboards for short videos and some experience shooting video and/or still photography would be a bonus
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 24th November 2020. We do however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Type of career: Jobs
City: Newtown, Sydney
Application close date: 24/11/2020