Clinical Research Project Managers
- Full time (1 FTE) opportunities
- 2 year, fixed term contract
- Hybrid working arrangements available, with a combination of office and virtual work
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
- Fantastic culture
The George Institute (TGI) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world's biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact. Please visit 'what we do' to read more about how we are addressing the world's biggest health problems.
We have a new and exciting opportunities for Project Managers to join our growing organisation.
The Academic Project Operations (APO) team works closely with our research team to ensure study aims are achieved. The team is primarily responsible for the set-up, conduct and overall delivery of a projects across all research programs in The Institute, according to best practice guidelines and research budgets.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the development, conduct and completion of clinical trial research projects.
The PM will drive, manage and deliver clinical research projects from start-up to close out including all aspects of project document development, budget, safety, quality and team management. Leadership, problem solving, critical thinking, teamwork and flexibility are key attributes required to undertake this role in a busy global academic research environment.
- Deliver project specific milestones and budgets, and continuously monitor project progress to these timelines and budgets, reporting to stakeholders as required
- Manage all aspects of the project(s) including but not limited to:
- Development of project plan and requirements including statistics, data management, safety & quality
- Budget development and management
- Contract negotiations and management
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Committee management including operations, steering and data safety & monitoring committees
- Project communications and reporting
- Team management and mentorship
- Site and / country feasibility and selection
- Quality management including oversight of monitoring activities
- Safety management in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Compliance with all ethical & regulatory requirements and organisational SOPs.
- Subject matter expert in clinical trials/research project management; engendering knowledge sharing across the project operations platform globally
- Provide technical advice and guidance in project consultations and reviews
- Review and /or contribute to the development of the TGI Project Operations SOPs
- Contribute to content and/or delivery of project management training within the project operations group
- Provide advice and support on project operations within the organisation.
The key skills and experience the PM will bring include:
- Strong experience in project management of complex trials with academic, pharmaceutical, CRO, Biotechnology and/or medical device background
- Comprehensive practical knowledge and understanding of GCP, Australian and international ethical and regulatory requirements
- Able to work in an international environment with internal and external team stakeholders
- Highly collaborative with strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in team leadership
- Full Australian working rights.
This is a great opportunity for you to work on exciting projects and make an impact on global health outcomes.
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
The closing date for applications is midnight, Wednesday 6th July 2021. We do, however, reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.