Clinical Research Associate
The George Institute is a global, health and clinical research organisation; we employ over 350 people worldwide, with projects operating in more than 50 countries. Our mission is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide.
The Cardiovascular Division is primarily focused on the evaluation of strategies for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases which were the leading causes of death globally in 2002 and are expected to remain as such for at least the next two decades. Our trials involve Australian and international centres and hospital, primary care and community recruitment.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated Clinical Research Associate to support the Director of the Cardiovascular Division and Project Manager with various tasks associated with running large-scale clinical trials. The Clinical Research Associate will be responsible a portfolio of projects including newly funded initiates in blood pressure lowering and statin intolerance.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing, planning, organising and conducting site initiation visits and investigator meetings with/for the Project Manager
- Preparing central ethics and research governance documents for ethics approval
- Training study site personnel on the protocol and the requirements of the study to conduct the study accurately
- Site management responsibilities
- Completing all monitoring visit and progress reports accurately and within the predetermined timeframe
- Regularly update project tracking tools and system
- Coordinating, tracking and processing invoices for study payments to investigational sites and vendors, accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage effective communication with internal and external project staff and key stakeholders (Investigators, Committee members and Research Coordinators, etc.)
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related science or health care discipline
- At least 2 years clinical research experience , particularly randomised controlled trials
- Experience with drug trials and their specific regulatory requirements
- Strong knowledge of ICH/GCP and ethical and regulatory requirements
- Understanding of medical terminology and therapeutic experience in cardiovascular disease
- Excellent, organisational, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work well and flexibly
- Strong focus on quality of work and maintenance of excellent records
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel
This is your opportunity to be part of a passionate and innovative team that is focused on making a difference. This is a flexible role at 4 to 5 days for a 2 year fix term contract with the potential to extend. We offer a professional atmosphere, excellent staff benefits and competitive salary packaging options.
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/2622710/title/Clinical-Research-Associate
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 06/03/2016