• Full time, Ongoing
Established in 1999, The George Institute for Global Health is a global, not-for-profit medical research organisation, affiliated with leading academic partners, with major centres in Australia, China, India and the United Kingdom. We have been ranked among the top 10 research institutes in the world for scientific impact. Our mission is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide.
We are seeking a self-motivated, customer focussed and energetic Administration Assistant who will provide excellent support to the Office Administration Manager and the wider team with managing facilities across both offices of the Institute based in the Newtown and Camperdown area of Sydney. Our perfect candidate will be able to demonstrate great administration skills whilst be willing to roll their sleeves up and assist with the setup of function rooms and complete some basic maintenance in the building. Whilst this is a more junior support role it is a key role in the organisation which assists the smooth running of the organisation and no two days are ever the same! So if you like to help and enjoy a busy role with lots of interaction then this is the role for you!
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Implementation of administration policies and procedures, ensuring these are regularly reviewed and updated
• Assist with office management responsibilities across both sites, arranging building maintenance and conducting any necessary repairs within WHS requirements
• Assist with allocation of telecommunication devices such as mobiles and datacards & assist with invoicing and management of users list
• Responsible for the meeting room set ups including the Hub for events as and when requested.
• Maintain accurate records and effective filing systems
• Complete and act as a Fire Warden
• Cover reception as and when needed and induct employees on an adhoc basis
• Assist with management of kitchen attendant staff
• Work closely with COO regarding building issues
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking
• Excellent interpersonal skills including a focus on customer service and the ability to work flexibly
• Ability to work autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
• Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
• Strong focus on quality of work
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including 17.5% leave loading, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
To apply for this position follow this link http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3500645/title…
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them but please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 15/05/2017