Aboriginal Youth Worker - Dareton
Our NSW-wide Aboriginal Driver Licensing Program, Driving Change, aims specifically to reduce the barriers young Aboriginal people face in obtaining and maintaining a driver licence by helping them to:
- Understand how to progress through the driver licensing system
- Learn about and adopt safe driving behaviours
- Find solutions to individual's licencing problems including obtaining identification, learner knowledge test preparation, accessing supervised driving time
We are seeking candidates from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds interested in taking on the role of Youth Worker (Aboriginal Driver Licensing) in the Dareton NSW area. You will be assisting young Aboriginal people in your region to achieve positive outcomes in regards to their licensing matters as well as coordinating activities in your community that will raise awareness around barriers, solutions and services, and promote safe driving behaviours.Training around licensing issues and processes will be provided for successful applicants. This role will be based out of Dareton NSW.
- Part time - 22.5 hours per week
- Fixed term contract until June 2016
- Attractive Salary and Benefits including 17.5% Annual Leave Loading
You will be joining a well-established, friendly and professional team who have already made great achievements in this program.
This is an Identified Position
In this position, the incumbent’s race is a genuine occupational qualification and authorised by Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
To apply CLICK HERE
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 25/10/2015