- Full or Part time, fixed term for 12 months (0.8 / 1.0 FTE)
- Renal and Metabolic Division
We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic Project Officer to support the Project Manager in providing research assistance on a key project related to coordination of large health datasets on patients with kidney and other chronic diseases to inform burden of illness and treatment gaps.
The successful applicant will also support tasks associated with other clinical studies involving clinical trials, health service research and observational research.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide research management support to the development and implementation of new clinical projects and evaluation of ongoing projects
- Prepare and coordinate ethical submissions for project approval
- Assist in the development of work plans and study documents
- Coordinate the collection, handling and storage of large datasets
- Assist with collection, recording and reporting of research data
- Coordinate communication amongst Steering Committee members
- Liaise with study sites and stakeholders across a number of locations
- Travel to study sites to perform site evaluations
- Track progress of projects including recruitment, operational activities and trial documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor degree in a related science, health services research, or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in research, including clinical trials and non-clinical trials.
- Experience with health research related ethics submissions and document preparation
- Experience in quantitative research methodologies and data linkage
- Demonstrated organisation, problem solving and analytical skills within a health research setting
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of the Microsoft office suite of products
- Strong focus on quality of work
- Ability to travel.
Please find further information, position description and application form on our careers page via the link: http://thegeorgeinstitute.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/3340505/title/Project-Officer